Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beautiful Day

What a beautiful day it is outside.  As I type, the birds are singing me a song-it sounds as if the bird in the tree out front is communicating with the bird in the back yard:)  Today is sure to be a nice day.

So, this nice day needs to include some much needed cleaning, shopping, and yes, HOMEWORK.  Homework has been falling to the wayside a bit since the news of our budget cuts a couple weeks back- especially this week as district people have been meeting with our principle behind closed doors.  We all know the numbers are flying- from what I understand, the decisions were made yesterday and the letters will be going out soon.  It is really putting stress on every teacher and one could see it this Friday- the word now is that "we just want to know" so we can move forward and get back on track for the year.  I keep praying for those involved, because I know it is weighing heaving on them to make the decisions.  Anyway, enough of that talk-

My sons left for Livingston yesterday, leaving my daughter and I to a quiet house.  Of course, she will sleep until noon if I let her, but we shall see.  She is really tired from running hurdles yesterday and getting sun burnt.  Never did putting sun screen on her cross my mind, but it will be one of the items I purchase today in my shopping spree.

I better get for now- hoping you all have a great weekend!

~racquel

1 comment:

  1. Your post is a sad one to read. There are so many teachers and support staff that are living their lives in limbo right now. Our school hasn't started making any cuts yet, I don't know if that's good or bad.

    ReplyDelete