Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lights Out

Today started out with getting to school to find the electricity out and 150 kids sitting in the cafeteria.  The school day continued with hourly rolling electricity outings and some very excited kiddos.  While I was glad to see the day come to an end, it was okay- after 20 minutes of trying to quiet kids, I found about 100 glow in the dark bracelets that I had stored from last year.  I decided to give each of my students a bracelet when they walk in class and when the lights went out, we played glow in the dark vocabulary.  We all had fun!!!  No word yet about whether or not we will go to school tomorrow.

As for school work, I am falling behind, but hope to catch up this weekend.  It seems this sinus stuff just keeps hanging around and all I want to do in my free time is sleep.  I am sure it will be gone soon and all will be back to normal.

Hope you are all staying safe and warm.

~Racquel

No comments:

Post a Comment