Friday, January 14, 2011

Living Life Out Loud


The year ended for me on an exciting note.  In December, I traveled to San Angelo to participate in the December commencement ceremonies.  It was so amazing and worth every one of the 890 miles we drove. 




I live in Pasadena, Texas-about 35 miles south of Galveston, with my three children (Patrick-21, Garrett-19, and Shelbie-15, oh and our dog, Jude-9 months).  We have lived in the area for 10 years.

  

  My relationship with Angelo State University began in the summer of June 2009 as I entered the C & I guidance and counseling program.  My first two classes were a blended format and required me to be in class once a week-can anyone say ROADTRIP!!!  Off I drove every Monday to Fredericksburg for an 8 o’clock morning and 1pm class and back to Pasadena that night.  I was so tired, but enjoyed every single moment.  The remaining classes were completely online and made it possible for me to work, raise children and continue my education. As for now, I am working on the last three classes needed for my LPC.

Hmmm- the futureJ

I am hoping to get a job as a school counselor for the next school year and am planning (at this moment) to continue on for my PhD/ PsyD in Psychology-not sure which one yet, but figure it will become clear as I continue the down the path.

That’s all for now

-rs

No comments:

Post a Comment