Monday, January 17, 2011

New Second Semester

Today has been a productive day- went to work at school for about four hours and spent time with my department going over TAKS scores.  Our students scored the lowest in vocabulary, so we are trying to find new ways to strengthen that area (am always open for suggestions).

To start the new semester, I laminated all of our academic vocabulary words and am planning on doing the same with a about thirty prefix/suffix/base.  Hoping that will start us on the road to closing the very large vocabulary gap and make reading easier or more meaningful.  Not sure if I mentioned that I am blessed to work with an amazing teacher (both of us on our second year)-we started at the same time last year and both found out that we were on our own.  It turned out to be a perfect match-her with superb organization skills and me being a little on the creative side.  God is good~

~Racquel

No comments:

Post a Comment