Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quiet Evening

Got home around 6 o'clock today (have extended days on Tuesday and Thursday's) and the house was clean! Big sigh!!!  My kids cleaned the house and then seem to scatter, Garrett and Shelbie to a basketball game and Patrick to bible study-leaving me all alone in a clean, quiet house:)  Sounds like a perfect time to get some homework done and then take a hot bubble bath.

My work day went well, but there is a good bit of changing happening throughout the halls- I might have mentioned the alternative school that is housed on our campus in a previous blog or discussion board- anyhow, somehow the students are being placed into our classes and it is creating a great deal of behavioral problems.  One of our math teachers got nine new students this morning.  I am sure the bumps in the road will level out, but it just makes for those of us that struggle with change (like me) get a little anxious sometimes.  I learned many years ago that change was the one constant (second to the Lord) that was sure to happen and that I better learn to deal with it, soooo...I take deep breathes and press on toward the goal-to help student grow.

~Racquel

2 comments:

  1. New semesters are guaranteed change makers. Were the nine students that the math teacher got all behavioral students? aughh! That would be tough to deal with.

    Glad you got to come home to a clean and quiet house. Definately a luxery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree new semesters bring change. The teacher who got the children will whip the class into shape, she is pretty amazing. As for coming home, it was such a blessing. Thanks kids!!! You are the best.

    Thanks for the comment Monica- sometime I feel like I am talking to myself:)

    ReplyDelete